Performing Arts Center
We are pleased to announce the completion of the Laura and Jack Boyd Smith, Jr. Performing Arts Center!
As part of the Now + Forever Campaign, this brick-and-mortar addition provides a beautiful, high-quality venue to support curriculum and programming and create appropriate space for school-wide assemblies, speakers, community engagement, and more.
Arts programming at The Stanley Clark School is a cornerstone of each student’s experience. Whether singing, acting, playing an instrument, or delivering a speech, each student graduates with performance experience that develops artistic talents, poise, and confidence.
On March 18, 2022, benefactors, faculty, staff, parents, and students gathered for a Celebratory Groundbreaking of the new space. On April 28, 2023, we celebrated our Official Ribbon Cutting inside the building! Take a look back at the progress over the last year below.
- April 28, 2023 - Ribbon Cutting
- March 17, 2023 - Finishing Touches
- January 20, 2023 - Seating
- January 10, 2023 - Construction - Paint, Ceilings, and Lighting
- November 15, 2022 - Construction - Drywall
- October 21, 2022 - Construction - Interior Work and Exterior Brick
- August 26, 2022 - Construction - Walls and Roof
- August 11, 2022 - Construction - Trusses
- August 10, 2022 - Construction - Signed Beams and Lobby
- July 30, 2022 - Aerial View
- July 28, 2022 - Construction - Framing
- July 13, 2022 - Construction - Cement Floors
- June 20, 2022 - Construction - Steel Support Beams
- June 16, 2022 - Construction - Stage Retaining Wall
- April 27, 2022 - Construction - Roof Cricket
- April 18-19, 2022 - Construction - Footings
- April 1, 2022 - Demolition Day 5
- March 29, 2022 - Demolition Day 2
- March 28, 2022 - Demolition Day 1
- March 18, 2022 - Groundbreaking
- December 2021 - Purchase a Seatback
Become a Part of the History of the Arts!
There is still time to make an impact by making a gift to Smith Hall! Naming opportunities are available. Learn more now!
“The fine arts are a pillar of the Clark community that I deeply connected with the moment I stepped onto campus last fall. The world-class fine arts faculty, paired with the creative and talented student body, are ready for a facility that allows their talents to shine and be on full display for their audiences. To all donors and faculty who have made this dream come true, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I can't wait to enjoy this beautiful space with you."
~Dr. Ben Ottenweller, Head of School