The Stanley Clark School has re-opened campus for the 2020-21 academic year.
We are excited to have students both back on campus for an in-person learning experience, as well as off-campus through a virtual option, called "Clark at Home." This allows those who may choose or need to be temporarily home-based to attend on-campus classes in real time from home.
The safety and well being of the entire SCS community is of utmost importance and remained top of mind as protocols and procedures were developed. We hope the following brings you a sense of confidence regarding our attention to detail as we welcome students, faculty and staff back to school both in-person and virtually.
Please note: All protocols are subject to change if additional knowledge about transmission informs a prudent adjustment, official guidance requires an alteration, or other circumstances develop that make changes prudent in the interest of the health and safety of SCS students, faculty and staff.
- On-campus Health protocols (Last Updated: 7/22/20)
- Protocols for individuals who experiences onset of potential COVID-19 symptoms after arriving on campus (Last Updated: 7/22/20)
- Face coverings and physical distancing (Last Updated: 7/24/20)
- Cleaning and ventilation (Last Updated: 7/8/20)
- Contact Tracing (Last Updated: 6/22/20)
- COVID-19 Risk (Last Updated: 6/22/20)
- Classroom Spaces (Last Updated: 7/29/20)
- Middle school Athletics (Last Updated: 7/9/20)
- Middle school passing periods and lockers (Last Updated: 7/23/20)
- Field Trips (Last Updated: 7/17/20)
- Recess (Last Updated: 6/22/20)
- Snack and Lunch (Last Updated: 6/22/20)
- Extended Day (Last Updated: 7/22/20)
- Visitor Access - Prospective Families (7/23/20)
Clark At Home: On-Campus Classes In Real Time
In preparation for the 2020-21 academic year, The Stanley Clark School has invested in enhanced technology infrastructure that will allow students who may choose or need to be temporarily home-based to attend on-campus classes in real time from home. Through the use of a smart video conferencing camera, Meeting Owl, students will engage with their classroom via 360° video and audio for a near face-to-face experience.
Separate from Distance Learning (our all-school campus closure plan), Clark at Home provides home-based students an authentic Stanley Clark school day experience: our teachers, our curriculum, their friends and classmates, all in real time. The program, appropriately adapted for students in preschool through 8th grade, allows students to virtually connect to their live classroom.
- Screen time will be for direct instruction and class discussions. Students may step away from screens during independent work time, transitions, recess, snack, lunch, etc.
- Social connectedness for students with teachers and peers will be more natural, reducing stress and encouraging student engagement.
- The return to campus for participating students will be seamless, as all students will have been "in class" together all along.
- Middle School students, grades 5-8, will use their school-issued Chromebooks while students in preschool through 4th grade simply need access to a personal computer or tablet.
Advantages for those attending class on campus:
- If a family needs to quarantine at any point, this platform will easily support ongoing learning.
- Our on-campus population is slightly reduced, making any required social-distancing easier.
- There will be no hesitation about keeping a "possibly sick" child home, as they won't be missing instruction. This protects all students plus our faculty and staff in very real ways.
We believe this approach will provide the very best of an SCS education to everyone, everywhere, every day whether on campus or at home. Learn more about Clark at Home above.