Since 1958, The Stanley Clark School has educated generations of bright, motivated students throughout the region in a traditional, college preparatory environment. We are an independent, co-educational day school serving students age three through grade eight. The Stanley Clark School is accredited by the Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS) and holds membership in the National Association of Independent Schools. The four pillars of academics, athletics, the arts and character lay at the foundation of all we do and are integrated throughout our curriculum.
Admission Dates & Deadlines
The Stanley Clark School admits students as space allows. Interest remains especially high for preschool and Kindergarten, so we encourage families with younger children to apply early.
For students with completed application files, we extend admission for the upcoming academic year on March 1, March 15, April 15 and as space allows thereafter.
Students must be age three prior to September 1 and potty-trained by the start of school.
Students must be age four prior to September 1.
Students must be age five prior to September 1.
- Attend a school tour or Open House. Families are encouraged to visit for a campus tour and talk with our admissions staff. Appointments may be made by phone 574.291.4200 or email (email@example.com).
- Submit the online application with the required $50 application fee.
- Send forms and recommendations directly to your child’s current teacher(s) and principal, if applicable. Forms may be found through the parent portal.
- Upload recent report cards and standardized testing reports, if applicable.
- Complete a Visit Day. The applicant will visit with his/her current grade, unless applying to Preschool 3/4. Preschool 3/4 applicants will attend an admissions play date, several of which shall be held in January and February. During the visit day, applicants will complete an admission placement assessment. Prior to the visit day, please complete the Visit Day Consent Form available in the parent portal.
The Stanley Clark School seeks students and families who are a great fit with the SCS educational mission and philosophy. While our admission procedures and criteria vary as is developmentally appropriate, the school’s main considerations during the admission process are whether the student will thrive in our program and whether the parents/guardians are seeking the type of educational community we have created at SCS.
Factors considered by the Admissions Committee include, but are not limited to:
- Academic promise.
- Recommendations and report cards (if applicable).
- Admissions testing results.
- Stanley Clark Visit Day faculty observations of academic and behavioral fit.
- Nature and tone of prospective parent communications.
- Sibling or legacy status.
We view each admission decision as a collective process, involving input from faculty, learning specialists, division heads, the admissions office and the Head of School. When there are more qualified candidates than openings available, the school establishes a wait pool.
The Stanley Clark School admits students without reference to race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs and activities made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate in administration of its educational policies, school-contribution program, athletic and school-administered programs.
Requests for a school contribution toward the cost of tuition are considered separately from admission applications. The Financial Aid Committee relies on the recommendation of the Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST) organization, and the same standards and criteria apply to all candidates.
Only candidates who have completed all of the admission requirements, including all Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST) forms for those requesting a school contribution, are considered. The school will render one of the decisions below for each applicant:
The school believes that The Stanley Clark School is an appropriate educational match for the student and the parents/guardians. This group of students is offered enrollment contracts which must be accepted or declined on or before the due date indicated in the agreements. A non-refundable tuition deposit will be necessary to hold the position.
The school believes that The Stanley Clark School is an appropriate educational match for the student and the parents/guardians, but no place is currently available. The wait pool is comprised of qualified candidates available to fill an opening in a specific grade. The Admissions Committee will offer spaces to waitlisted students considering the following, but not necessarily listed in order of significance:
- Academic promise.
- Sibling of a currently enrolled student.
A “non-accept” decision indicates that at this particular time the school has determined that The Stanley Clark School is not the appropriate educational match for the student.