“The mission of The Stanley Clark School is to inspire and challenge students to achieve excellence in academics, the arts, athletics, and character in a nurturing environment that fosters critical thinking, creativity, accountability to self and others and the discovery of each student’s strengths and passions.”
At The Stanley Clark School we value:
- Providing an outstanding education by integrating comprehensive programs of excellence in academics, the arts, physical education/athletics and character development.
- Preparing students for higher education by developing personal responsibility for study skills, critical thinking, and life-long learning.
- Admitting and retaining students who are capable of meeting our high academic and behavioral expectations so that all students are enriched.
- Providing opportunities for the development of leadership qualities.
- Providing opportunities for students to discover and pursue their interests and talents.
- Creating a nurturing environment by actively promoting empathy, mutual respect, and service to others.
- Encouraging wise decision-making skills and the ability to make healthy choices.
- Providing opportunities for the development of healthy self-esteem based on authentic student accomplishments and achievements.
- Creating diversity of culture, religion, ethnicity and socio-economic background.
- Fostering the partnership of faculty, administration, parents and students as crucial to the achievement of mutual goals.
The following Strategic Priorities, as set by the Board of Trustees, provide an explicit yet flexible framework for the future and serve as the basis for shorter term plans and actions. The Board of Trustees will evaluate these priorities and results annually to assess progress, continued relevance and ongoing value for the benefit of the school and the best interests of its constituents.
- To provide an exceptional educational experience for students that attracts families and encourages them to become integral parts of the Stanley Clark Community. Core to our mission, emphasis on continual improvement in curriculum, programming and instructional methods consistently and perpetually remain at the forefront of our plans and actions.
- Knowing that extraordinarily talented faculty and staff are essential to the achievement of our mission, we will continue to make concerted efforts to recruit, support and retain outstanding faculty and staff. We aim to provide an environment that encourages innovation in teaching and child development. We want to provide opportunities to excel for teachers and members of the administration and reward them for their performance.
- The Stanley Clark School is committed to creating and sustaining an educational and professional culture that is equitable and inclusive for each member of our increasingly diverse community. We believe that diversity of people, their backgrounds, experiences and ideas make for a more robust learning environment.
- With a mindset that we can always get better, we will identify "lessons learned" regarding all aspects of the school's functioning on an ongoing basis. This includes, but is not limited to curricular and programmatic offerings, delivery of instruction, space utilization, admissions procedures, hiring procedures, fundraising, communications and community engagement. We intend to emerge stronger than before in forward thinking ways that simultaneously honor the best of our traditions.