A professional who loves children, enjoys creativity, innovation, and collaboration who is naturally optimistic; has high expectations of himself/herself; has a healthy sense of humor and impeccable character is a perfect fit for our exceptional and joyful school family.
The Stanley Clark School, an independent co-educational day school serving students preschool age three through grade eight, is currently seeking a dynamic educator to join its faculty as a full-time Spanish teacher for the 2017-2018 school year. We search for a professional who loves children, enjoys creativity, innovation, and collaboration and who has high expectations of both himself/herself and the students he/she teaches.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach 2nd-8th Grade Spanish language and culture in immersion style with enthusiasm, creativity, and sensitivity to learning styles.
- Utilize a variety of instructional techniques including (but not limited to) student-led projects, hands-on experiences, dramatic performances, and cross-curricular activities
- Incorporate technology to enhance language acquisition
- Participate in curriculum development, faculty meetings, professional development, and fulfill additional middle school supervisory responsibilities
Qualifications and Attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree (master’s preferred)
- Fully fluent in Spanish
- 3-5 years of experience in classroom teaching
- Experience utilizing differentiated instruction
- Understanding and appreciation of the developmental characteristics of students in each grade
- Eagerness to communicate and develop positive relationships with parents
- Strong organizational and managerial skills
- Enthusiasm for the mission of the school and for working collaboratively with fellow faculty
- Initiative, confidence, and an obvious passion for teaching children
Candidates should apply by sending a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Extended Day Assistants
The Stanley Clark School is seeking fun and professional assistants to help out in their Extended Day Program. Assistants supervise students, organize age appropriate activities and help with daily homework. The hours are 3-6 p.m Monday-Thursday and 12-6 p.m. on Fridays. We are happy to work with your semester's schedule. Please email Sarah Lotter at email@example.com if you are interested!
Applying for Employment
If you are interested in pursuing a career at The Stanley Clark School, please send a resume or complete the application for employment, unless stated otherwise in the posted job description.
Mail your resume/application to:
The Stanley Clark School
Attention: Renee Schmidt, Assistant to the Head of School
3123 Miami St.
South Bend, IN 46614
Or you may email your resume/application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We seek to employ teachers who embody the mission of our school and conduct a national search for open positions. Instructors must have a passion for teaching children, be of outstanding personal character, and have demonstrated exceptional expertise in the art of teaching. Faculty must have a willingness to collaborate, think creatively, innovate and share expertise.
All teachers are expected to seek new ideas, new techniques and demonstrate a level of professional development and commitment to continuous improvement that assures our students' classroom experiences are second to none each and every day.
We seek to employ staff members who are committed to supporting the mission of the school. Each member of our staff must be of outstanding character, have a heart for serving children and their teachers through his or her role, and be committed to ongoing professional development for the purpose of continuous improvement that assures all aspects of our school function exceptionally well.
A Great Place to Work
An environment of mutual respect, good humor and collaboration
Full medical/dental/vision and retirement benefits
Extensive professional development opportunities
Located in the vibrant arts and athletics community of South Bend, Indiana just 90 miles from Chicago and 45 minutes from the beaches of Lake Michigan